Places to see, things to do
Fraser's Cottage is nestled at the gateway to the Ardnumurchan Penisula and surrounded by natural beauty. Outdoor activities for people of all ages and interests are accessible right outside your door.
Be sure to take advantage of our outdoor activities, including:
- Boating (Hire boats available from Ardnamurchan Charters)
- Sailing, Salen Jetty is a 5 minute walk and now provides a pontoon and moorings
- Mountain biking (Hire available from Sunart Cycles)
- and more
We have now joined forces with Robert Bell, who offers guided walks in the local area as well as being a course leader in outdoor navigation. Should you be interested in a guide or an outdoor navigation course then please feel free to contact us here or visit Rob's website on www.argylloutdoornavigation.com
Picture gallery: Acharacle highlights
If you don't want to do anything too strenous there are many lovely places to visit to which you can drive, we would recommend:
- A drive to Ardnamurchan Lighthouse, the most westerly point in mainland Britain
- Nadura (formally Ardnamurchan Natural History Centre)
- Ardnamurchan Distillery at Glenmore
- Ardnamurchan Charters wildlife boat trips
- Sanna Bay, a beautiful sandy beach on the Northern coast
- Eagle watch cruises on Loch Shiel
- Ard Arigh wildlife hide
- Resipole Studios Art Gallery
- Castle Tioram and Beach
If you would like to travel further afield the town of Oban is well worth the drive, it has beautiful independant shops and great resaurants. Also getting the ferry from Kilchoan to Tobermory (of Balamory fame) is a great day out especially if you have younger children, we would highly recommend lunch at Cafe Fish on the harbour and pudding from the chocolate shop!
Acharacle PH36 4JN
Tel 01967 431661
News & events
Click below for local events and news from Fraser's Cottage and the Salen area.
Get the latest news.
Have your say
Find out what our guests say about us in our guestbook.